Welcome to the wacky world of BCM110, BCM112, MEDA101 or whatever other strange place you’ve come from!
My name is Daisy and this is my blog all about my studies into communications and media. I am a first year student at the University of Wollongong doing a Bachelor in Commerce/Communications and Media and hope to become a Social Media Talent Manager at the end of my degree.
Whenever I get asked where I want my degree to take me I’m more often than not, greeted with some variation of a confused and unsure expression. I can imagine that those of you reading this have a pretty similar look on your face. In simpler terms, a “Social Media Talent Manager” is someone who oversees social media use, sets up and manages commercial relationships, provides creative guidance as well as arranging performances, public appearances and/or media appearances for people in the social media industry. My dream would be working for Gleam Futures, a London based company who specialises in managing social media talent such as YouTubers, bloggers, Instagrammers and other digital media focused platforms.
So that’s the boring side of the introduction done. Here are 9 random facts about me (because 10 is too hard):
- I watch YouTube more than I watch TV
- I believe that moths are creatures of the devil and I can’t even think about them without feeling super weird *shudders*
- I have never travelled outside of the country
- I LOVE pasta and OJ (not together of course)
- Love a good doggo or pupper
- I have performed in 3 musicals, in one of which I had a lead role (despite my lack of singing skills)
- My favourite book is “All the Bright Places” by Jennifer Niven
- I’m the youngest of 3 girls, and obviously the favourite one
- I’m about as basic as they come, but I embrace it!
So now you know a little bit about me, whether you wanted to or not! Leave a comment and let me know a little bit about you too 🙂